Social/Contact

Aug 1, 2012

Lush wonderland

When I need to clear my mind or crave for a moment of escapism, I'll go for a walk. Fortunately for me, I live a stone's throw away from Buena Vista Park, a hilly, woodsy getaway just south of Haight Street. The park is not that big, but it is filled to the brim with a hodgepodge of massive trees (redwoods, oaks, eucalyptus, pine, cypress), healthy shrubbery, and a web of steep, well-manicured trails. There are pockets of  superb downtown views, and on a clear day you can spot the Golden Gate nestled below the Marin headlands from the summit. A quick wander through, equipped with only good music blasting in my ears -- sometimes one song on heavy repeat -- lets my thoughts wander, enhances my curiosity, and offers rare moments of introspection while in a beautiful environment. 
Leather jacket from Amsterdam, bag from Florence, Anthropologie shirt, 7 for All Mankind jeans, Franco Sarto wedges.
Commendable forestation by the city of San Francisco.
A furry fellow I spotted on my most recent stroll. 

No comments:

Post a Comment