Social/Contact

Apr 24, 2012

Korea's love of yellow

A few days ago I arrived back from my two week stay in Korea. It had been six years since I last visited the country and the first time with my dad, who travels there annually to visit my grandparents. My time was mostly spent in Seoul where I explored the booming metropolis' historical roots, reunited with family and old friends, and got a taste of my dad's upbringing. In addition to the people, delicious food, and dynamic economy, I was continuously captivated by the bursts of color that filled the country, specifically the color yellow, which seemed to pop up everywhere. Here's some proof: 

A chartreuse entry gate with red and black accents. 


A forsythia bush seen in bloom at the Deoksugung Palace. 


Even the city's sewer caps feature a splash of yellow. 


Yup, I'm holding a H.O.T. umbrella. It belongs to my grandma. :)


A yellow trail painted on a staircase in Hyojadong, a residential neighborhood adjacent to the Presidential Palace. 


Beefy street art near the Sinseoldong station.


Geogeum Bridge pedestrian and bike path 

No comments:

Post a Comment