Social/Contact

Apr 2, 2012

Neighborly appreciation

How rad is this iron gate? I live right next door and frequently notice passersby pausing for a quick second to admire it or snap a pic. I've only met the mother of the family that lives at this house. She was super friendly and very eager to chat when we introduced ourselves on the sidewalk a little while back. Our short conversation covered a variety of topics: her children, my over-the-top landlord, her conservative upbringing in San Marino, Calif. during the 60s and 70s (she said her folks gave money to Barry Goldwater), and our shared appreciation of our street and San Francisco as a whole.  Looking back, I'm pretty surprised that I didn't ask any questions about the story behind her ornate entryway. Guess I will have to wait until I see her next to find out. 
Wearing INC jacket, Banana Republic silk top, 7 For All Mankind flares, Franco Sarto wedges, bag from a leather market in Florence (must go back) and Anthropologie sunnies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment