Social/Contact

Feb 28, 2012

Pizza pie time

Here is my first attempt at making pizza dough from scratch. It wasn't too daunting a task and the end result was quite delicious. I followed this thin crust recipe I found while perusing Foodgawker. I didn't have bread flour on hand so just used all-purpose, which turned out to be just fine. The dough rose to my desired level, leaving a crust with a crunchy exterior and a soft and chewy inside. Paired with a nice Brunello and a simply dressed salad, this was an ideal Sunday dinner for two people. 

Left: A basic Margherita (I followed this recipe for the tomato sauce). Right: Burrata cheese and artichokes topped with arugula dressed in a lemon vinaigrette, prosciutto and shaved pecorino. 


Close-up shot. Mmm. Cheese...


And what was the best part of making these pies (besides eating it, of course)? Tossing the dough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment